Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Blogging through the #B90Days: Day 13

Blogging (sometimes) through the Bible in 90 Days.  There are SO many people reading it together through the challenge hosted on Mom's Toolbox.   This is my reflection and response to the reading for Day 13. Click here to read Amy's reflection.

Reading:   Numbers 32:20-Deuteronomy 7:26

Scripture:  Deuteronomy 6: 6-7

6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.

Observations:


The Words of the Lord were/are supposed to be reflected upon more than a once a week, or even once a day.  All the time, we are to be discussing the commands of our God, and teaching our children by living the lives that He called us to live.

Application:


These verses jumped out at me, because thanks for the inquisitive heart of our five year old, this is exactly what we are doing.  He is asking questions all the time, and he is SO responsive to scriptural based correction.  We talk at the dinner table. We talk when we are sitting on our porch.  We talk when we are sitting together in the living room, in the middle of Angry Birds (he calls it Grumpy Birds) shots.

It was just a reminder that we need to be intentional about our sharing with him.  And we need to establish the pattern, because our younger son might not have the same questions, and might not be as receptive, or as in tune with spiritual things.

We are training our young boys in the way of worshiping the Lord our God, so that they will become young men who worship and follow after God, and become fathers who worship and follow after God.

(whoa.  My sweet son is starting Kindergarten in the fall. I don't want to fast forward that far yet!)

Prayer:

Father,
You are Holy.
Reading through Deuteronomy makes me realize just how Holy you are.
How often do I neglect the significance of the cross.  That I,  a gentile woman has the privilege of approaching your Throne of Grace, and calling you my Father, and that you are with me all of the time.

Lord, I am desperate to remain always thankful for the New Covenant.
Help me to live a live of overwhelming gratitude, that spills over onto every conversation with my son, with my co-workers, with my students, with my relatives, with my friends...

May Your commands, and Your WORD remain always on my mind, and may it become natural to teach, and not just answer questions.

In awe...
In humility,
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar