Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Unexpected Road Trip (cross posted from....)

We are an Apple family.
We love the products.  We don't necessarily like the way that they update and upgrade ALL. THE. TIME. and how exclusive they are, but we love our MacBooks, and our iPods and.... yeah.

On Saturday night the charger for our MacBooks died.  No matter what outlet we tried, and even after visiting the support site and doing all the troubleshooting steps, Nada.  My school laptop was dead, and our own laptop was charged, but that wouldn't last long.

Therefore, we planned a quick little trip into Boothbay so that I could pick up the charger for my school laptop.  Once we got there,  I tested out the charger, and surprisingly enough, it worked. *facepalm*
Rather than get annoyed, we have learned that there is a reason for all things.  There must have been a reason for our spontaneous trip into Boothbay.

While we did not see anyone, or find the perfect house, we did have a lovely time, and did feel the sense that God is TRULY calling us there.  It was a beautiful day.

At one point, I remembered a word of prophesy that Randy and I had received shortly after we met.  I was leading worship at a friends church for a monthly worship and prayer evening.  We had been together only a couple of weeks.  One of the pastors of the church came over to us during the prayer portion and proclaimed that he had a "word" for us from the Lord.  "You (looking at Randy) will bring the people to Christ, and your (looking at me) music will be what draws them in."

Whoa.
At that time, I was leading worship for the Youth Group that Randy was leading.  That was the whole premise of our meeting each other! ( He needed a musician.  Ended up with a fiance.  Weird.  :)  )
 So naturally, we assumed that the word was applying to our work with the youth.  However, since the Lord brought it to my mind again, and because it is resonating with us again so strongly, we feel that it was REALLY about this new chapter of our lives.

The Lord keeps confirming, and confirming to us what He is preparing to do.  We are so excited, scared, and completely humbled!  But let me tell you -- unexpected road trips will will never be looked at the same way again!





Follow our journey into planting a church in Boothbay Harbor at Exodus in Real Life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar