Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Do what I can NOW: Blogging through the #Gospels- Luke 16

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading: Luke 16

Scripture: Luke 16: 27 - 31

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”


Observations:


My heart aches as I read this passage.  Nearly all of my family on both sides are unbelievers.    Abraham's response to the heartfelt plea for someone to warn them is a wake up call.

"If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead."

And that was proven SO true a short time later when Jesus went to the cross for our sins, and rose again from the dead.  Did they believe?  We don't know.  But we know that the majority did not believe.

Applications:


Do all that I can NOW to show that my life is for an eternal purpose.
Lovingly speak the truth.... and when I can't speak the truth, live the truth.  Let my life, my actions, my words, my relationships and interactions, all be a window into this heart that is sold out for Jesus.

Prayer:


Lord...
The time has come.  Boldness is needed.  Give me the words, the courage and the opportunities to proclaim your truth to my family, and extended family.

Amen.

2 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

This I love: and when I can't speak the truth, live the truth...

Family is so tricky. I have a tricky family...as far as how/when to share with them about my own walk.

TN Quiltbug said...

Hi Meredith! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I think that your son would enjoy doing some of the Scripture Adventures with you this summer. They do not have a pre-school version that I know of, but I think it could still work out well with you and he talking about the Bible stories together and doing any activities together. I have only seen the Old Testament "full curriculum" that I am using, but on their web site they have smaller units on the "Miracles of Jesus" and the "Parables of Jesus" that are smaller type units. They are really inexpensive too, only around $5.00 or so, and are a download so you get it right away. They also have free sample pages on their web site that you can look at before purchasing. If you try one and it looks like it is too hard for your son (but I don't think it will be) you can always just use it a little later when he is a bit older. My daughter is 6, almost 7, and is really enjoying doing ours. She has been an early reader, but it won't be too long before your son is reading. Anyway, have fun!

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar