Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blogging Through the #Gospels : Luke 21

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading: Luke 21

Scripture:   Luke 21: 16 - 19


16 You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17 Everyone will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 Stand firm, and you will win life.


Observations:


It's about to get gnarly, folks.
I think that we can all see the writing on the walls.

(Just an aside.... have you ever noticed that the people preaching "tolerance" are only tolerant of things that they think are worthy of tolerance?)


The message of Truth sears and burns, and scalds and cuts. People, not understanding conviction, are quick to attack.  And often, the people closest to us, who don't understand a fear for their eternity is trumping "tolerance," reject, and curse and ridicule the messenger.

But-  even if we are imprisoned.  Not one hair on our head will be harmed.
If we stand firm to the TRUTH, we will gain LIFE.

Application:


In our little corner of the world, we have always been drastically in the minority.
But since moving back here, and feeling God's provision, and protection, there is a sense of excitement that the balance might shift a little bit because of the work that God is going to do here.

However -- for every one person that comes into the fold and finds the Truth, there will be dozens that reject and malign and hate the message, and the messenger.

I hate when people are angry with me.  I try to avoid confrontation.
So this warning -- this black and white prediction of absolute certainty that I am going to be hated for the Truth-- is probably the thing that I am most fearful of.

But.... my God has been faithful to provide for every need, every step along the way.

I have felt His peace in my heart, while everything was uncertain.
We have experienced His ability to provide in ways that we certainly didn't expect.

He has proved Himself faithful.
So....  now it is my turn to believe.


Prayer:


Lord, help me to get out of your way.

I have this idea of how everything is going to work....  and it is pretty prideful, to be honest.
I imagine that my standing in the community, as the band director that brought a struggling program back to life, is going to help our ministry.  (see? I told you it was prideful!)

When the reality is....
The ministry might lead to the loss of my precious career.

However --
Since you have proven yourself faithful, and we have been hearing over, and over again that You Will DO This....
It is not my job to understand how, or when.

It is my job to do what is before me.
And for the time being,  I am a band director that loves Jesus.

Help me to focus on the now, and trust you for the tomorrow.
Thank you for not giving up on me.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar