Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blogging through the #Gospels: John 12- No one is beyond redemption.

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading:  John 12

Scripture:  John 12: 4-6

4 But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, who would betray Him, said, 5 “Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?” 6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it.

Observations:


Judas is called a thief by John.  For him it was hindsight.  After the betrayal it all made sense.

But Jesus knew exactly who Judas was.
Think about his chosen 12.  He had a tax collector, someone that he knew was a thief, and would eventually betray him.  Many of them were simple fishermen.

Application:


I find it so comforting that Jesus used ordinary people in his ministry.

And I find it so convicting that he deliberately chose  the people that everyone else counted as beyond significance, beyond redemption.

Help me, Lord, to see people with your eyes, and not my own.

Prayer:


Lord,
You are so overwhelming.
Give me patience with my sons today.
Give me the eyes to see their hearts in the middle of the struggles.

Help me remember the truths that you showed me today when I encounter people.  No one is beyond redemption.


Amen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar