Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Blogging through the #Gospels: John 9

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading:  John 9

Scripture:  John 9: 30 - 33

30 The man answered and said to them, “Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes! 31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him. 32 Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind. 33 If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing.”


Observations:


The man was blind, and had been since birth.
His friends and neighbors, rather than embracing a miraculous healing,  a marvelous gift in the life of their friend, dragged him to the Pharisees because he had been healed on the Sabbath.
His own parents left him to face the Pharisees by himself, rather than admitting the truth and being permanently removed from fellowship.

But he knew.  It was no ordinary man that healed him.
He had felt power from God.


And even though he was not a disciple of Jesus yet, when the Pharisees derisively made that comment (verse 28), it seemed like a pretty good idea.

Application:



Help me not to dismiss things that are from You just because they are happening in ways that are different than I expect.

Help me not to assume that my knowledge of you, and my experiences, are the only ways that you would reveal Yourself.

Help me to recognize Your handiwork, in the mundane and the marvelous.

Prayer:


You are amazing.
How does your heart not explode from the love that you feel for everyone, and the sadness at the ones who are lost?

Lord, give me Your heart to see everyone that I encounter.

Help me to accept the miraculous as part of the every day.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar