Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Help me listen.... Blogging through the #Gospels: Luke 8A

Blogging through the Gospels, Luke 8 : 1 - 25 with Amy from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading:  Luke 8: 1 - 25

Scripture:   Luke 8:8

8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.”

When he said this, he called out, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”


Observations: 
I love this parable.  It is comforting, as one who has worked with youth ministry, and as a family embarking on a ministry, to be reminded that how people receive the message is in large part due to their "soil."

We are not responsible for the condition of anyone else's soil.
But I am responsible for mine.

Application:


When I read through this first part of the chapter, it was as if a highlighter with trumpet sounds enabled were attached to the phrase "Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear."

And I knew what it meant.
It was a gentle rebuke for letting my morning quiet time slip away during the crazy hectic moving days.
It was a reminder that He is my portion, and that He has things to show me, to teach me.... but if I am not meeting Him, then I am just continuing to struggle and be overwhelmed.

I am called to an abundant life.
Lord... let me have ears to hear you, and the discipline to seek you.

Prayer:


Lord,

I still need you to get me through.
Help me to establish a new routine in a new home.

Help me to lean on you, cling to you, and really trust you more.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar