Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Giving thanks, 1 - 25

This is something that I have always intended to start doing, but never started.  I think the reason is that many bloggers that I follow post their "thanks" on Mondays, and I am so ridiculous when it comes to schedules.  So....  I am going to try to do it often. Whenever I am motivated.

It is all because of Ann Voskamp, and my friend Valerie.

1. The internet.  No really -- so many inspiring things to read, people to meet, resources.
2. Nap time that goes as planned.
3. Matchbox and Hotwheels cars that keep an almost 5 year old entertained.
4. L's that still are pronounced W's
5. My Mimi's ring:

6. And also from the picture - my favorite Starbucks coffee mug.
7. Our fabulous deck.
8. Our new home, which feels more like home every day.
9. The ability to cry out of gratitude, when life is beautiful.
10. Internet radio
11. Coffee.
12. Having my bookshelf right out in the open
13. Watching my youngest son dance (in rhythm) to Veggie Tales and Thomas
14. The way You speak to me...
15. Sunrises -- I have seen every one this week!
16. Accountability.... a dear friend calling to see if I had been getting up early to get my time in the Word before the bustle of the day begins.
17. The joy-filled laughter of my 15 month old
18. Ticklish legs, ribs, feet, necks, tummies....
19. Imagination
20. Sharing the end of my "pray time with Jesus" with my snuggly big boy
21. My pink nalgene water bottle
22. Realizing that I can pray for a heart to enjoy the things that I don't enjoy. (Cleaning being #1!)
23. My mom and dad.
24. Being able to put our artwork back up on the walls
25. Local bakery that is also our local Vietnamese restaurant = yummy pastries this morning, and a delicious dinner last night

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar