Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blogging through the #Gospels: John 4

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading:  John 4

Scripture:  John 4: 13 -14


13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Observations:


Living water.
Never thirst again.
Jesus is making quite the claim here.

Application:


I feel the conviction.
I have tasted the Living Water.
I have  had my thirst quenched in such a way.

And even now, with a consistent discipline in the Word, and spending time with You, I am not experiencing that same thirst quenching, soul filling satisfaction.  Well --- I am, but not to the same degree that I remember.


Show me, Lord....
What am I missing?
What am I not doing?

The time that I remember truly feeling like I was feeding on You was when I was dealing with my physical body, and the god that is my stomach.  And the conviction that I am feeling at this realization is a bit uncomfortable.

Okay Lord.
I am trusting you to show me the plan, to show me the book or study that you want me to use.

Made to Crave?
The Lord's Table?

My own topical study on the subject?

Lord, reveal to me what you want me to do.
I am ready for a change.

Prayer:


Lord,
Show me the path you want me to take.
There are lots of resources out there, and some I already own.
Help me to be a good steward, and to pray and wait for you to reveal what you want me to do before I buy a new book (or 5).

Lord, if self-control is a fruit of the Spirit....
then I am in sin.
Please forgive me.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar