Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Blogging through the #Gospels: John 1

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.






Reading:  John 1

Scripture:  John 1:10


10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Observations:


In Jesus' time it was a case of not looking beyond the surface.
He was an ordinary man.
Isaiah tells us there was nothing about His form that would clue us in to His greatness -- nothing that would even warrant a second glance.

If you never heard Him speak, you might never know.
And even those who did hear Him speak -- they were quick to explain away the incredible.

In our time, with the benefit of historical accounts and the full canon of Scriptures, it is no longer a case of "not recognizing" a Savior.

It is a rejection of that Savior, and everything that He stands for.

Humanity worships the Earth, and not the ONE who created it.
Humanity worships industry, and commerce, and not the ONE who designed it all.
Humanity worships human strength, human emotion.... all the while denying the CREATOR.

Without a Creator:
There are no absolutes.
There is no truth.
Moral relativism makes sense.
There is no hope.
Life is an accident of molecular combustion.

With a Creator:

Each person has a unique purpose.
There is truth.
There is hope.
There are absolutes --- right, wrong.
There is LOVE.
Before the foundation of the Earth, we were known by God.


Application:



It is more than a case of mistaken identity -- of not seeing the deity and recognizing the Holy and Perfect.
It is rejection of the Christ, and all that He stands for.

Help me to live the truth, and paint an accurate picture of the love that you have for your creation.

If I had not felt your love that Sunday morning, I would still be in chains.
Because it does not makes sense.
It does not compute.

But.... your love is better than anything that this world has to offer.
And the amazing thing, is that in choosing you, I have been given that which I held dear.

You didn't just call me-- a sensitive, funny girl, and then decide to use me where you have planted me.
You created me to be the sensitive, funny girl.  And then you waited...
for me to choose You.


Prayer:


Lord.
I am inadequate to be sharing truth.

I pray that you would give me the words to share with those that you put in my path.
Give me the heart, the compassion, the words, and the wisdom.

And most of all -- you have not given me a spirit of fear. So help me be brave, and bold when needed.

Your love is amazing, and I hope that my life reflects your awesome love.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar