Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blogging through the #Gospels: John 5





Blogging through the Gospels with Amy from Mom's Toolbox.




Reading: John 5

Scripture:  John 5: 39-40




39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.


Observations:


Jesus is talking to the Pharisees and Saducees -- the religious leaders of the time.
But the words still ring true today.

If any of us relies too much on the Scriptures, and forgets the message of the Savior, and the person of Jesus Christ, then we are missing the point.

Application:


Let my studying of the Scriptures always be to learn more about you, to deepen my relationship with you.

Prayer:


Father God,

May I never lose sight of who You are.
May the focus be always on deepening the relationship,  and not just increasing my knowledge.

Thank you so much for.....
everything.
You are too much to comprehend.
I am filled with wonder, awestruck wonder, at the mention of your name.  (Revelation Song)

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar