Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Ultimate Block Party 2011!

Ultimate Blog Party 2011Welcome!
I was so excited to learn about the Ultimate Block Party 2011, and even more excited to find the Christian and Religious Blog category.  I would LOVE to find more sisters in Christ!!





My name is Meredith, and I have two adorable sons.  My baby, Cuddle Bug, is turning one in 3 days!  Eeek!  Time goes by so fast!  My oldest,  Soccer Boy, is 4 1/2 and will be coming to Mommy's school with me next year as a BIG KINDERGARTENER.  (Wow, that word looks weird when you see it written. Doesn't sound weird, though.  So... pretend you didn't see it.)



My husband and I have been married almost 9 years, and we have had quite the journey.  But thinking about what is happening right now (think really, really big) and looking back at all of the ..... turmoil, roller coaster, living on the edge of your seat drama we have had, it all makes sense.  The scary part is seeing how much further we still have to go!!

Okay.
Quick bulleted list of Meredith.

1. I am the band director for a small community in Maine. I absolutely adore my job, and I truly consider it to be my mission field, even though it is in a public school, and I am not allowed to speak His name.   But I pray, and I love, and I pour my heart out to these kids, and God keeps filling it back up!

2. I love Maine! I have lived here my entire life!

3.  I started running using the Couch to 5K method shortly after Cuddle Bug was born.  I love it. I lost MOST of my strength and endurance over the winter, because we had the winter of ALL winter, plus an injury, plus a month long sickness.  So I just started over again, and will be pushing myself to speed up this time around!

4.  I love to sing.  Love, love, love to sing.

5. Yes, I can play every band instrument, and lots of others, too.

6. I gave up television at the start of this school year, and it was the best decision ever!

7. MY MOM AND DAD WILL BE IN HEAVEN WITH US!!!  This is a very recent development-- less than a year old, but the answer to the deepest prayer of my heart.  I had an AMAZING phone conversation with my Dad this morning about the Bible and different denominations ... and...

8. about the really big thing that God is calling us to do.  He is calling us to start a church in the town that I teach in.  Whoa.  It's crazy... and amazing, and God is working, and we are just staying as open as we can so that He can work through us.

9. This blog is where I reflect on what the Word is showing me, what the Lord is revealing.  My other blog, http://runisthenewwalk.blogspot.com, is much more entertaining, but... this is where my heart is.  :)


I cannot wait to go through and start following some of you amazing ladies in the linky!
Happy UBP11, Everyone!!!


---  Meredith

16 comments:

Cherie said...

Hi Meredith! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your kiddos are adorable!

Praise God that your parents are now on this journey with you. So very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith! Stopping by from the UBP! So great to "meet" you!! :)

Rosilind Jukic said...

Hi Meredith - fellow musician. :) I love your passion for the Lord and am following you from UBP. I am enjoying reading what you have here.

Alida Sharp said...

Stopping by from the UBP :-) What cute little ones you have!

joy & blessings to you all,
Alida

Leigh said...

Can't wait to see what God does in your lives with this church. Leigh f/ #ubp11

The Farmer Files said...

I taught in public schools for many years before we had kids. I love the mission field, and hearing the kids express their faith to one another. You are blessed.

Tracy said...

Nice to meet you!

P.S. I gave up TV 10 years ago..best thing I EVER did! ;)

Dawn said...

Hi! Stopping by from UBP and now following you. Blessings!

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from the UBP - I'm #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian list. I'm a home-educator now, but spent 9 years on the mission field of public schools myself. I'm also a singer...and I play French horn and trumpet. I'd love for you to stop by my place this week if you're able. :^)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Lovely to meet you, Meredith, through ubp. I rejoice with you on God's faithfulness to your parents.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey #269

Katie Orr said...

Thanks for visiting through the UBP.
Fun to read through your bullets. :)
Church planting- exciting! And what a treasure about your parents!

Deanna Kohlhofer said...

Hello! I am so glad I stopped by from UBP! Great blog...keep it up! My dad is thinking about moving to Maine...makes me sad because I am in Ohio and that is a LONG drive! But it is beautiful there...Looking forward to following your journey!
Deanna at spotlight316ministries.blogspot.com

Wendy @ChoosingLoveAZ said...

Found you on UBP'11! Congratulations on #7!!!!!
So excited to be one of your new followers!

Wendy
www.choosinglove.net

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Stopping by to comment on your Blogging through the Gospels post, but found myself visiting your UBP post, too! Happy partying!! :-D

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Howdy!

WOW...all the way in Maine!!

I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

Have a very blessed day!! :0)

Lisa P. said...

I’m a new follower from UBP11. I just wanted to say hello. Please stop by to visit my blog and check out my giveaways while you’re there.

Lisa
www.LisaBlogs.com

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar