Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 15

I am so excited and learning so much because I decided to "Blog through the Gospels" with Amy from Mom's Toolbox.  Come check it out --- it is CHANGING MY LIFE!!!




Scripture

Matthew 15: 9

" '.....And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.' "


Observation


Another scripture that points out how far away from the Truth the Pharisees and Saducees had led the people.  They put more emphasis on obeying the checklist, and none at all on the Holy God who had given the original guidelines.

Application


Since our Christianity is a relationship with a PERSON,  it is going to look different in different people. I cannot judge a person's relationship by their outward actions alone.  In fact, it is not for me to judge at all.

But I am so grateful, Lord, that because of what you did for us on the CROSS I do not have to live a perfect life.  I am thankful that I do not have to obey a list of dos and donts to the letter in order to be accepted by you.   I would never measure up. I would never be worthy.   Thank you for accepting the mess that I am, and continually helping me, teaching me to trust you.


Prayer


Father,
You are worthy of praise, adoration, loyalty and obedience.  May I never lose sight of WHO you are in my quest to live a life FOR you.  May the journey never come before the PERSON of your son, the reason for it all.
I love you.
Amen.

1 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

I read this and I thought...hmmm...I just wish I could put my judgement to death. It is so counter intuitive sometimes. I make judgements while driving my car, about what I want to expose my kids to, about how to proceed with making a decision. So I make choices based on what I think is best. So, when others don't make my same decisions....ugh...I do sometimes tend to cast judgement. But I just need to stop and say...their decision is different from mine.

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar