Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 1

I have decided to join up with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading:   Matthew 1


Scripture:

Matthew 1:20  But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.




Observation:


The Lord knew everything that Joseph must be feeling - the betrayal that he must have believed Mary guilty of.  Yet, even still, Joseph, a kind man, was going to divorce her quietly, rather than publicly humiliate her, which was within his rights.  An angel of the Lord came to Joseph and said "Do not be afraid," and explained the situation.


Application:


The part the Lord was speaking to my heart was, "Do NOT Be Afraid."  My husband and I have a calling that seems crazy.  A music teacher and a janitor planting a church in one of the darkest towns in Maine?  Really?  A janitor that didn't go to college?  A janitor that still messes up... frequently?  (But... in all fairness... so does the music teacher... and we are BOTH learning, praise you Jesus.)


But there are times, because:
1) There are so many unknowns.
2) We know that planting a church is going to be a long, difficult process.
3) We know that the world hates the message, and the Light and Love of Jesus.
4) We have stepped out in faith, and now officially have targets on our back.




To all of these, my God, my King is saying to my heart:


Do not, do NOT be afraid.  I am with you.




Prayer:


My Lord-
I have been paralyzed by fear today. I didn't even realize it.  Thank you, for your infinite gentleness and wisdom, and mercy, and love.  Help me as I cling to you, to live my live For you, in an out loud kind of way.  When I remember you, I will not be afraid.


Thank you, Lord.
Amen.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar