Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 24

Getting caught up (by going backwards) on my Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.


Reading:  Matthew 24

Scripture:  




26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.


Observation:


When I first became a believer, I was terrified that Christ would come back, but I wouldn't know.  Or that someone would come back claiming to be Him, and I would follow blindly.  Until I read something in John Chapter 10 that changed everything, and calmed my anxious heart.




14 I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—"


and


4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.


Those Scriptures comforted and reassured me that I WILL know when He returns.  I know His voice!

So when the time comes for my Redeemer to return, I will KNOW without a doubt that it is HE!
But more than that---  Matthew 24:27 is reassuring believers everywhere that when He returns, it will not be so one little corner of the world.  It will be to the WHOLE WORLD at the SAME TIME.   Hallelujah!!


Application:


Await His return, and prepare myself to be ready.
(everything that I have been reading lately is about being ready... getting things prepared.)

Prayer:


My Gracious God,
Help me to prepare my self, my home, and my work space.  Help me to get organized. Help me take one step at a time (and do them), rather than becoming overwhelmed by the whole task.
Thank you for everything that you have shown me this morning. May it carry over throughout the whole day.
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar