Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 27

Another powerful day of hearing the Lord speak to me as I "blog through the Gospels" with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.  If you haven't been doing this along with us, I highly recommend jumping in and joining us.  God NEVER fails to give me exactly what He wants me to hear.  I am changing.  (I hope.)


Reading:  Matthew 27 : 1 - 26


Scripture: Matthew 27: 23


23 “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.

But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!”


Observation:


Pilate calls them for their unjust behavior because he knew that no crime had been committed.  And like all of us, when we are caught in actions or behavior that we know is wrong, they dug their heels in and cried all the louder,  "CRUCIFY HIM!"

Application:


Help me to heed the rebukes when they are needed, whether they come from you or from the people you put in my path.  Help me to lay down my pride so that when a comment that targets something you want to work on, whether intended by the giver as such, or intended by YOU to pierce my heart, let those comments make their mark and do the work that is needed.

Yesterday was such an example.  Our first Sunday leading children's worship.  As the only music TEACHER in the group, I of course felt that my experience and knowledge should be heeded (revered, even.).   The Lord really worked in my heart, using the words and actions of the other members of the team to remind me exactly what my place is on the TEAM.   It is definitely a work in progress, and I am so far from being like my Savior.

Prayer:


Oh Lord.
I am so far from being like you....
I need humility.  I had a wake up experience yesterday, and the truth of my own heart BROKE my heart.
Help me...  I get very annoyed with certain things, and I have little patience.  Please, Lord....
With all my heart I want to resemble you.  Please forgive me.  Please don't give up on me.
Please help me stay focused on you, even amidst all the distractions of this life.  Please, please help me Lord.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar