Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels: Mark 14A

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.   To be completely honest- I do not know how I would have survived the last month if I had not accepted the challenge that Amy offered.  The Lord has carried me through house/apartment hunting,  through packing and moving, through concerts and other drama....  If you are reading this and are feeling like you need SOMETHING to kick start or rejuvenate your walk with God, then I HIGHLY recommend joining us.  You don't need to blog it.... but it is so cool to share the ideas and revelations that we are learning!

-----------------------------------------------

Reading: Mark 14: 1 - 42

Scripture:


Mark: 14 0 35 - 36

35 Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36 “ Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”


Observations:


Jesus knew the plan.  He was part of the triune committee that designed the plan.
But when faced with the reality of it, he prayed for a way out.

It is okay to be overwhelmed in our situations.  But the bottom line is whether or not we are going to surrender and trust.

Application:




In Psalm 139 David writes:

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

And if we really believe that, then in every situation we need to remember that not only is God in control, but He is holding us in the palm of His hand.

It is incredibly comforting to me as we are embarking on an incredible journey that is teaching us to live entirely by faith (with a whole lot of discipline).  Even if situations explode, and things go horribly wrong, we are not alone.  And even if it was not a part of OUR plan, it was most likely part of HIS plan.
And even if the events were not His design, they can be turned into something beautiful.

Romans 8: 28

 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Prayer:


Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the reminder that you are the author and finisher of our faith.
Thank you for the reminder that before the foundation of the world, you knew me.

Lord, I release the tension, fear and anxiety that I am holding regarding the concert this evening.
Help me to find the perfect thing to honor my Seniors graduating.  Help me to hold it together through the concert without falling apart.  You have carried me this far.  Why do I act like you are dropping me off at the side of the road??

Thank you for the oasis of peace amidst the craziness of this week.
Amen.

1 comments:

TN Quiltbug said...

I appreciate your thoughts shared here! Will pray for peace for you today.... Jesus will carry you through! :)

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar