Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Believe with Confidence- BTG Mark 11

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy from Mom's Toolbox has changed my life, and revitalized my walk with God.  She lays out the plan at her site, and the instructions, step by step.  I cannot encourage starting this for yourself ENOUGH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Reading:  Mark 11


What I heard today:  Believe with confidence!

Scripture:  Mark 11: 23 - 24

I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.

Therefore I tell you,  whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Observations: 


Believe, even in the impossible.  Nothing is impossible for God!
Doubt is the opposite of belief.

Application:


The last month has been an education in just how much I can truly trust God with EVERYTHING.

We prayed, believing fully that He would show us where He wants us to live.
He has.

We prayed, believing fully that HE would work the financial details out.
He has.

I prayed, fully trusting on my God to get me through a difficult situation.
He did -- and in a beautiful and unexpected way.  A woman that I HAD NOT MET or even SPOKEN to at church stopped me yesterday, informing me that the Lord had brought my face to her mind in my very time of need last week.  She prayed.  I felt peace.

My God really, really does care about every detail.
I approach my Father with CONFIDENCE, knowing that I am not insignificant to Him.
I approach my Father with CONFIDENCE, knowing that He has been waiting with the solution, waiting with the peace that I am seeking.

I have no reason to doubt Him. He has proved Himself faithful.
Even though it is incomprehensible - that the creator of the Universe would pay detailed attention, and make detailed PROVISIONS for our lives...

We can believe with confidence!


Prayer:


Wow, Lord...
Thank you so much for the reminder.  I still cannot wrap my head around you, and will never be able to understand how you are able to be ALL things to ALL people.
Thank you for reminding me that not only am I significant to you, I am beloved.


What a great way to start the day.
Thank you, Lord.

Amen.




1 comments:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

I am so thankful you are reading and SOAPing with us! I love reading about all that you have heard. :)

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar