Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels: Mark 6

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy from Mom's Toolbox has literally taken my faith to a completely new level.  For the first time, I am receiving a Word from my Father Every Single Day.  It is amazing.  I highly recommend you join us!!

----------------------

Reading:    Mark 6

So much to choose from in this chapter. 

Scripture:     Mark 6: 41 - 44

41 Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to distribute to the people. He also divided the two fish among them all. 42 They all ate and were satisfied, 43 and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. 44 The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand.

Observations:     

Thousands of people.  5,000 men -- and that number is ONLY counting the men.  It doesn't take into consideration any of the women and children that might have been there.  The number might be closer to 12,000 -- or even higher!

Five loaves and two fish.

Jesus performed miracles ALL. THE. TIME.
Just because we don't have the living, breathing Jesus walking around with us right now, doesn't mean that He isn't still capable of performing miracles!



Application: 

My Jesus?   He can feeds THOUSANDS from five loaves and two fishes.
My Jesus?  He may not have a hem that I can touch right now, but he has a throne of grace that I can come to, to be saved and healed.
My Jesus?  Is never too tired to speak to my heart, to show me the truth, and to give me LIFE.



Prayer:

Dear Jesus,

I am overwhelmed again by your compassion, your love and your mercy.

Help me to live like a loved, provided for, cherished daughter of the King.
Help me to live like I have been redeemed.
Help me to remember all that you have done for me.

I am in awe of your mercy, and dependent on your grace.
I love you -- but I want to love you more.

Thank you for everything.
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar