Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 25

I have been overwhelmed with life lately.  And unfortunately, everytime I tried to get into the Word, and get into the presence of my Father, something was stopping me.  When He woke me up BEFORE 4AM for the SECOND day in a row, I realized that....  the only thing getting in the way was myself.

Adding the new step of journaling the thanks/prayers was just.... too much for me.  I had been doing them, but I had not been writing or typing them, and I knew that the blog was NOT the place for my deep, confessional, pleading, yearning conversations with God.  And because I am a child of technology, I can type almost as fast as I can think, and writing sometimes feels like a big... um... drag.

So I figured it out!  I started a Google Doc, so that I can have it with me, no matter what computer I am on.  Yay!  

So:
Back on track.

Blogging Through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.




Reading:
Matthew 25

Scripture:

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’


and

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’


Observation:


What we do matters.  We are all connected. We are all the same.  The choices we make in our interactions with people have lasting-- -EVERlasting-- impact.


Application:

I need to live my life extending the GRACE that I have been given.
I need to live my life showing the care that was shown.
I need to choose to love.


Yesterday, I was at the end of my rope.  I was tired.  I strained a muscle in my back earlier in the week, and I have been in physical pain.  I was/am overwhelmed with the amount of things to do in just every day living (housekeeping).  I was short-tempered.  I snapped at my oldest son at least 3 times when I had resolved to just SPEAK.  And every time,  when I apologized to him, he said, "it's okay Mommy. I love you. I forgive you."

My four year old son extended grace to me.
Repeatedly.


Prayer:


Help me be like a little child.
Help me to let the hurts, disappointments, disillusionments, frustrations, distractions and anything else, just fall away.  Help me to dwell in the moment of love, without carrying the leftover ick from the day into it.

Help me to LIVE the grace that I have been given, so that I can EXTEND it to everyone around me.


Thank you for not giving up on me.  Help me not to give up when I am overwhelmed.

Amen.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Tiger Balm Cream (http://tigerbalm.50webs.com/English/index.htm) relieves the arthritis in my 88 year old father's knees. It is fast relief for arthritis, strained muscle, back aches, sore shoulders etc. I bought one for your father so that he can experience the positive difference in his life.

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar