Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels: Matthew 17

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy from Mom's Toolbox.




Reading


Matthew 17

Scripture



Matthew 17:20

20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Observation

We, as humans, will not ever have an accurate understanding of how big God is.  This side of heaven, we will never comprehend just how much he loves us.

My issue is not believing that God can do something.  I fully believe that He can do ANYTHING.
I have trouble presuming that it would be His will to do anything that I would ask.
I think that it just feels too close to the "name it and claim it" movement for me to be comfortable.  However, I know that there are times when the Lord clearly gives me the burden to pray for someone or something, and then I feel incredibly comfortable calling on His power with confidence.

Application


I need to not be afraid to pray in His power all the time.  My unbelief stems from caution, if that makes sense.  I believe that God can do anything - - but I am afraid of wrong motives in the asking.  The whole "if it be your Will" tag seems to me just an excuse to ask for anything.  But... we are supposed to ask for what we want.  We have not because we ask not.


Prayer

Lord, help me.
I think that I filter myself too much in my prayer life.  I decide ahead of time that there are things that are too material to bring to you, too selfish to waste your time with.   Help me to stop filtering and censoring myself.  The only way for you to "cure" me of my selfishness is for me to come to you with every single want.
If I bring them to you, you can gently show me the truth of my motives.

Help me, Lord.
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar