Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Amazing, awe inspiring, and chilling

I want to thank Sandra at The Kelley Chronicles for posting about the beautiful performance of Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill at the Country Music event that was on Easter evening.

They performance "How Great Thou Art," and the whole place was so moved, that a standing ovation happened in the middle of the song!   I cried, and had chills when I watched.

So.... watch it for yourself!

__ Disabled because there was no way to pause or stop it! Sorry about that! I will come back with the link for it! _____


Some impressions as I was watching:

How thrilled God must be with His creation Carrie, and her gorgeous voice raised in song for Him.  In complete adoration for Him.

Two BELIEVERS sharing their faith through song, when they could have chosen any song, choosing an amazing hymn like "How Great Thou Art."


It was a beautiful, awe inspiring performance, and I am so grateful that it started my morning!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've been keeping up with your running blog, but not this one. I'll need to get caught up! :)
Glad you shared this! Just beautiful!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Thank you for sharing! This is one of my very favorites of the "old" hymns!

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar