Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blogging through the #Gospels: John 10

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.


Reading:  John 10

I could barely keep my eyes open when I first got downstairs.
We had a rough night with the 15 month old. Up for a couple of hours.... twice.

And then, armed with my coffee in one hand, and Mom's Toolbox on the screen in front of me, I saw that the reading today was John 10!

This is my favorite chapter of the whole Bible!
So, I read it a few times, savoring the messages of love, protection, and ownership.
And then I read it again, with ears to listen and a heart to heart to hear what the Lord has for me today.




Scripture: John 10:16


16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.



Observations:


He came for all who would believe.

Application:


When I read through this verse, I sensed the quiet assurance that  He meant this one for me this morning.
It was another confirmation of the work He is preparing us for.

There are people in this community that are lost....  He has brought us here for them.  And Jesus will include them, and be their Shepherd as well.

Prayer:

Thank you, Lord -
for the subtle, yet definite confirmation that we are here because You have brought us here, and that the work to be done has been ordained by You.  In Your time  (not ours), You will guide us, and lead us in the path that You have chosen.

Help us to not get ahead of you.
Help us to wait.


And in the mean time....
We will pray.

Thank you, Lord.
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar