Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reflections on Jeremiah 17:7-8

7  But Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. 8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.    ---   Jeremiah 17: 7- 8, NIV



Lord, your word is just slowly taking hold in my heart.  I can feeling it sinking in.  I can feel the blessing and the warning.  Help us to trust you to take care of the details and provision for our relocation into the town that we are called to.  Give us discernment to know when it is you, and when it is not of you.
Help us to trust you in the knowledge that :

A) your plan for us doesn't stop halfway through.
B) you will equip us for this enormous work before us.
C) no matter what happens, no matter who hates what we are trying to do, no matter ANYTHING, you are STILL GOD.
D) You ARE PREPARING the perfect place for us to live for the next part of our life. It may not be a dream, but it will be exactly what we need.
E) You will provide.

Let us be in your word continually that when the heat (attacks, and times of testing) come, our leaves will still be green.  Help us to bear fruit even during times when everything is going wrong.  Help us to stand, unafraid, knowing that we are right where you want us to be.

Thank you, Lord.

----

It is so overwhelming to know that the God who created the UNIVERSE, also decided BEFORE time began, not only that there would be a ME.... that there would be a Stephen, and a Jonathan entrusted to me.  And not only that I would be a mother, but that I would be a wife....  a helpmeet.  The one chosen by God to help my husband become the man (and future pastor) that he will be.

I am not up to the task.
I am impatient, and forgetful....
I am selfish and bossy.

But I am not alone.  And I am not my own.

(Thank you, Lord.)

As one who used to scoff at Christians, and Christianity, I hated the hypocrisy that I saw.  A life that was built on FAITH seemed ridiculous.  Science was right. Science was true.  (I was a product of public school education, without the grounding of the faith I now have.)

As one who has experienced RADICAL life change, and the REAL and TRUE Love of my Savior, Jesus Christ, I cannot imagine trying to live this life without Him.

I am in awe of the sinful girl/woman/child that I used to be.... that my sins, and my pain, and my shame were nailed to the cross, through the hands and feet of the one that saved me.  I wish for everyone to know this peace that I have found.  My heart pours forth praises, all of the time.  I have to STOP myself from praying/rejoicing in your name out loud in front of my students sometimes.

Thank you for the cross.
I hope that I only fall deeper and deeper in love with you in the weeks leading to Easter.

And now the song that has been ringing in my mind this whole post....

Hosanna, by Starfield

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar