Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Triumphal Entry

He was riding a colt.
People were laying their robes down for the donkey and colt to cross over.
People were breaking branches off of trees, crying out "Hosanna - Hosanna!"  Save us now!

He was treated like a conquering hero, like the LORD ALMIGHTY that He is.

But they didn't understand.
They didn't know.

How hard must it have been for him to accept their praises, their chants, and their adoration knowing that it didn't mean anything.  When push came to shove, and He revealed that his plan was of peace, and not a hostile takeover designed to oust Rome from the Holy City, the hordes fell away.

There were thousands and thousands following him.
Where were they on the walk up to Golgotha?
Where were they as he drew his last breath?
Were they camped out in front of the cave that his body was lain in?

They saw the miracles. They heard the teaching.
Where were they when THE PURPOSE of why He became flesh was accomplished?

----
Oh Father God!!!
Let my ideas of what should happen  NOT prevent me from seeing YOU WORKING.
Let my hopes and visions stay OUT of the way of Your guidance and leading.
Help me to quiet my self so that I can hear your whisper.
You have assured that your sheep KNOW your voice... so my LORD and Savior, speak to me.
I am listening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar