Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jeremy Camp, "Lay Down My Pride"


Every single word I say
You know it before I speak
You know every thought
The deepest part of me



You draw me closer than I see
Your presence is every thing I need to be
The child that you've created me to be
I'm ready now to see it your way



I lay down my pride
My desires my demise
I'm ready now to see it your way
I'm done I'm thru ignoring you now it's true
I'm kneeling at the cross of your grace
Lay down my pride



I was faced with passing time
But I knew the choice was mine
To finally come to you
And give you all control
I've wandered miles to find my way
And then you revealed this simple faith
I know that you can see the secrets of my soul



The cross the blood you shed for me
Your back was ripped and bruised
So I can know your love

I kneel, I bow to you, my King.






-Jeremy Camp






This song says it all. 
I am fighting a battle, and I am tired of losing because I am not fighting with the power of the Holy Spirit.  I am tired of making my life a mockery of everything that Jesus has done for me.

Let me life make His sacrifice count.  No more do I want my life to say Jesus PLUS this cookie.  Jesus PLUS this gadget.  Jesus is THE ONLY SOURCE of my fulfillment.  



Lord,


I am broken before you.
I am tired of living a powerless life.
I am tired of knowing what I could be having in Your presence, but then giving in to my flesh at nearly every turn.


Help me to SEE with discernment the battle lines that are drawn behind EVERY choice I make.  Help me to be more aware of the spiritual implications of every decision set before me.


Lord. 
Help me.
I want to choose YOU.
All the time.
Every time.


Help me.


I choose You.


I choose you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar