Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Why Every Believer Should Read the Old Testament

I am reading the Bible in 90 Days with my Mom and Dad.  This is just so special to me, because for years they have thought I was a little bit strange with my assertions that I "felt God was leading" us in certain directions.

The first week took us through Genesis and Exodus.  I was overwhelmed with the sense of gratitude that I can approach my heavenly Father whenever and however I want.  In the old testament, a high Priest, wearing special clothing and accessories, after having been ceremonially cleaned, was the only one who could intercede on behalf of the people.  When I am battling my flesh, and I need to confess, my Savior is only a breath away.    I have access to unspeakable intimacy with the Creator of the Universe.  How is it, then, that I am NOT LIVING MY LIFE with more reverence, and awe?

That key question was the prevailing thought that has been in my mind since beginning this journey through the entire Word of God.

 I am hoping to retain a sense of majesty, wonder and awe, that the same God who is Holy and Awesome and Created the Earth and all that is in it, is the same one that orders my steps, and sustains me every day.  I am so flawed... I am so humbled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar