Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blogging through the #B90 Days: Day 7

Blogging through the Bible in 90 Days  with 900 others reading along at the same time.  Learn more at Mom's Toolbox.

Reading:   Exodus 29 - Exodus 40

Scripture:  Exodus 31: 1 - 6
1 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 2 “See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 3 And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, 4 to design artistic works, to work in gold, in silver, in bronze, 5 in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of workmanship.

6 “And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and I have put wisdom in the hearts of all the gifted artisans, that they may make all that I have commanded you:

Observations: 
Workmanship, and skill in artistry are gifts from God!  Bestowed on certain individuals that God chose!


Application:


This portion jumped out off of the page (um... screen.... I was in the car reading on my YouVersion Bible App) at me since I am a musician.

I have always known that God gives talents, and God uses them in us for His glory.
But it was just beautiful to see the first mention of creative workmanship, and artistic skills being given by God for HIS purpose.

It was just a sweet love note from my Father, reminding me that I am who HE designed me to be, with the gifts, and talents that HE gave me.  And that as a public school music teacher I may not be able to proclaim the Gospel in words, but my being their IS a part of my purpose.

And also, it was a gentle nudge to not neglect the area of music ministry, and preparing my library of worship songs, and improving my skills as a worship leader.

Prayer:


Lord,
Thank you so much for the things that you are showing me as I am reading through the Bible in its entirety for the second time.  Help me to learn all that I can -- make my mind and heart open to your instruction.

And Lord, help what I learn to reveal itself in my daily life.  Please forgive me for the grouch that I have been at times, and thank you for blessing me with a family that is quick to forgive.

You are everything.
You are my everything.
And I will adore you.


Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar