Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Giving thanks, 141 - 159

I started my own "thankfulness" journey, after being inspired by several bloggers.  I saw many "blogfriends" posting their "Multitudes on Mondays."   Then, I saw a link to a blogpost of a real life friend posting her blessings.  When I read Val's blog, she talked about being radically changed by Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully, Right Where You Are.  (Right now it is only $2.99 for the Kindle version.)    I took advantage of the sale, and completely understand what Val meant.
My life is changing because of the truths that I am reading in her book.


141.  Freedom to share the truth, OUT LOUD, over the internet, over the telephone, and speaking freely with friends home from the mission field, where our usual communications are in code
142.  a beloved aunt and uncle visiting, and watching my boys fall in love with them
143.  Answered prayers ----  the joy of praying in alignment with God's will
144. My aunt's chocolate chip cookies
145. My sister's patient coaching, and a little boy finally beginning to swim
146. A comfortable evening after a heatwave
147.  The beautiful green hillsides, and farm lands we pass on our way to church
148. An unexpected detour leading to a different way home with spectacular ocean views that I have missed
149.  A few hours without coughing, then end to the summer cold in sight?
150. Trader Joe's Italian Roast Coffee....  mmmmmhhhmmmm
151. Sharing the excitement with a very pregnant friend who was able to get her wedding rings back on when the weather cooled.... the bond of motherhood
152. Spontaneous prayer time after kids worship yesterday morning....
153.  Conversation with my five year old about how much Jesus loves us.... I think that he is REALLY starting to understand it....
154. A VBS program for him right down the road, starting this morning!!
155. Middle of the night snuggles with the littlest one...
156. The birds chirping happily outdoors.
157. The cool smell in the air
158.  The amazing flavors for Chipotle Mexican Grill, where we went for lunch on Saturday
159. A family and friend filled weekend, leaving us exhausted by happy.

Delete this element to display blogger navbar