Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Giving thanks, 104 - 140

I am caught up with my Bible in 90 Days readings, but am in the middle of numbers, and nothing really jumped out at me during the reading for Day 10.  So I figured it was time to get caught up on my thankfulness posts.

104 - 9 beautiful years of marriage to my best friend (july 13th)
105 - a little boy about to turn 5 (on Friday)
106 - curls that a getting wilder and crazier, this Mommy's heart can't bear to think about a haircut
107 - another family wedding in a beautiful location
108 -  the boys being so well behaved during the reception
109 - Early morning greetings, "Hi Mommy. Is your pray time done?"
110- still, even one month into the summer, getting up at 4:00 am to spend time with my God
111 - Seeing the light bulb go off in lessons
112 -laughter (usually at my expense) during lessons
113 - being SO CLOSE to school!!  
114 - the hint of purple as the sky turned to night
115 - feeling upset that my level of activity is derailed because of my cold and the pleurisy that goes with it
116 - Friends that are home for a little bit from the mission field, in time to share a very special birthday with our family!!!  (happy tears!!)
117- Learning how to wait on the Lord
118-The smiles and laughter of a certain 15 month old
119 - The community of believers all reading the Bible in 90 Days together, and the twitter encouragement --- check out the hashtag #b90days for just a glimpse!
120 -slowly becoming more and more authentic.... 
121 - the way my husband looked in a suit for the wedding mentioned in #107
122 - My mother gets to go see Beth Moore with a friend in the fall!!
123- stocking up on groceries, and being pleasantly surprised at the cash register
124 - finding a great deal on a first bike for the almost five year old
125 - a teachable heart
126 - that you are teaching me to be patient, and to train up my sons' hearts, not just focus on behavior
127 - living in the community that I teach in
128- A very first VBS for Stephen starting on Monday!!!
129 -  A chance for me to connect with other Christian Mommies in our community!!
130 - A lightning mcqueen lunchbox for a certain almost kindergartener
131- seeing our artwork up on the walls, slowly making this house our home
132 - amazing friends that gave us a gate to block off the woodstove, curtains, a DVD storage rack and a microwave that I can use at school, and will be giving us their old TV cabinet as well.
133 - the same friends that surprised us by taking us out (and providing their oldest daughter as a babysitter) for our anniversary
134 - when God gives us glimpses of the work that He is going to do... (I get chills!)
135 - hearing my son singing Veggie Tales songs while building legos
136 - that You are the God who sees me (story of Hagar, in Genesis)
137 - that You are the God who provides (story of Abraham and Isaac, Genesis)
138 - that I am bound by the New Covenant, and not required to sacrifice animals to cleanse my sin before you.  (Leviticus
139 - that I am finding beautiful wisdom and inspiration from other bloggers doing the readings at the same time.... especially this one:  i am meets the GREAT I AM, written by a lovely homeschooling Mommy.  It is something that I have re-read at least ten times since she posted it on Monday. :)
140 -that I miss running.... a lot. Help me, Lord!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar