Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Giving Thanks, 160 - 175

So much for #1000gifts today....

160 - Ugly/beautiful: Dead car battery/ Time with a dear friend as she tried to give it a jump start -- failed, but still she waited with my until my husband came home from work.
161 - Ugly/beautiful:  Needing a new battery, not in the budget / Able to afford it because of the lessons that I taught yesterday.
162 - Giving my sweet five year old a keepsake of mine so that he could keep me close while at VBS this morning.  It helped him to be brave.
163 - When reunited, seeing smiles on his face, and hearing good reports.
164 - Yummy lunch at the seasonal favorite, Bet's Fish Fry.  A 1/2 fish and chips fed both of the boys and I to full.  Mhhhm.
165 - Sort of picnics, on the stairs down by the parking lot at the elementary school.
166 - the rain holding off, so that Mommy could keep her promise
167 - watching Soccer Boy get braver and braver on his new bike
168 - Seeing a favorite student (who am I kidding, they are all favorites) practicing soccer down on the lower field, and having a chance to see her before she goes away for Fall Semester.
169 - Living and being and loving here in the town that I teach in.
170 - Blessedly cool days after the scorchers of last week.
171 - My inhaler really helping with my cough.... I might kick this cold yet!
172 - The promise of Vietnamese food this evening.... maybe. :)
173 - Looking at my two boys and seeing similar behaviors, but completely different looks to them.  They are each a blend of the two of us, but in very different ways.
174 - Kindle on my phone. Kindle on my computer.  Kindle on my iPod.
175 - My sweet son telling me that he thinks I am beautiful.

Delete this element to display blogger navbar