Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: John 20

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.


Reading:   John 20

Scripture:  John 20 : 19

19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

Observations:


The disciples were all together, and the doors were shut up tight.
They were hiding from the Jews.

And then, all of a sudden, Jesus is there.
He either walked through the walls, or he simply appeared.

Application:


One of my favorite parts of Psalm 139 talks about the Omni-presence of our loving Father.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.


God is present everywhere.

In John 20:19, Jesus is taking it up a notch.
There is no place that He cannot reach.
There is no boundary too great, no barricade too difficult.

Our Jesus is with us.

Prayer:


Dear Lord,

Thank you for the reminder that everything on this Earth,  everything in this life, is just temporary.

There is no place so far that you cannot reach.
There is no situation so dire that you cannot give comfort.

I am not alone.

Thank you, Lord!
Amen

Delete this element to display blogger navbar