Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blogging through the #Gospels: John 18

Blogging through the Gospels with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading: John 18

Scripture:  The very last part of  John 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Observations:


Everyone who is of the Truth hears His voice.

It is just remarkable, and overwhelming, that I hear the voice of the God of the Universe.
And that all humanity, throughout all of the World, has the same opportunity.
There is no threshhold -- no maximum capacity.
He is an intimate, personal, involved God for every single person who ever was, is, and ever will be.

Application:


On a personal level:
I need to make sure that nothing in my life is preventing me from hearing His voice.
I need to actively be choosing Him above all.

On a broader level:
I need to show the Love that I have been given to everyone that I encounter.

I need to remember that the people I interact with do not see my internal struggle, and will not be able to separate my actions done in my flesh from my actions done in the spirit.

I need to remember that my life might be the only Bible that some ever read.




Prayer:


Help me to live my faith out loud.
Let the peace that I feel in my heart, because of You, shine out and soothe others,
Let my life carry the fragrance of You.


Thank you for speaking to me, for the privilege of hearing Your voice.


Amen.







Delete this element to display blogger navbar