Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Blogging through the #B90Days: Day 5

Blogging through the Bible in 90 Days with Amy, from Mom's Toolbox.

Reading:  Exodus 1:1 - 15: 18

Scripture:  Exodus 4:11

11 So the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD?

Observations:


Moses is really, really intimidated by the task that God is asking of him.
I don't blame him.  Especially with a speech impediment!  Even being of capable speech, the thought of approaching Pharaoh and asking for the freedom of the thousands of Hebrews that were doing the work of making Egypt the grand place that was would be incredibly daunting.

But God  starts  to get annoyed with the continual choruses of, "God, why would Pharaoh listen to me, with my stuttering?"

 To which He replies (more or less), " Hello? I am I NOT in CHARGE here?  Did I make you this way? Did you ever consider that I created you, designed you for this very purpose? And that this thorn in your side that you keep complaining about is just the thing that is going to make you rely on MY strength?"

Application:


My God created me exactly the way that I am.
I laugh too loudly, and I try too hard to be funny.  My sense of humor works with my 5th graders and garners eye-rolls from my high school students.
I feel things deeply, and care passionately.
I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I always have.

Until I felt the love of my Savior, I considered my sensitive nature a liability. Something to be ashamed of.  But when I felt the arms of love around me, and saw things with new eyes, I realized that the sensitivity that had been the thorn in my side my whole life was truly a gift.

I am still trying to figure out how my everlasting struggle with my weight is a useful or necessary part of His design.  But...  I know there must be a reason, and I will keep trying to 'exercise' the discipline needed to bring my body under submission.  (Okay, Lord... I get it.)

Prayer:


Lord,
Thank you for your creativity in designing your people.  We are all so different, with so much to offer.
Thank you for helping me to see my qualities the way that You see them, and teaching me to embrace the sensitive heart that you gave me.
Help me to use the areas in my life that where I need discipline teach me to have discipline in all areas.

Thank you for your faithfulness...  you are amazing.
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar