Pages

About Me

My name is Meredith, and I am the mother of two awesome boys; the wife of a fantastic husband; the band director for 100 students in grades 5 - 12 in a small community in Maine; and a follower of Christ. This blog is a place for me to reflect on what the Lord is teaching me.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Blogging through the #B90Days: Day 8 - God Takes Obedience Seriously

Blogging through the Bible in 90 Days  in a challenge hosted by Amy, at Mom's Toolbox.

Reading: Day 8 -   Leviticus 1 - Leviticus 14: 1 - 32

What I Heard Today : God Takes Obedience Seriously


Scripture:  Leviticus 10: 1 - 3


1 Aaron's sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before the Lord, contrary to his command.2 So fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed them, and they died before the Lord.

3 Moses then said to Aaron, "This is what the Lord spoke of when he said:
"'Among those who approach me
I will be proved holy;
in the sight of all the people
I will be honored.'"
Aaron remained silent.


Observations:


1. God is Holy.
2. God gives us instructions, and warnings for a REASON.
3. There are things that we do not understand.

Nadab and Abihu were literally and figuratively playing with fire.

All they had were God's instructions.
They knew what to do when.

I don't know if it was innocent in their intent -- a desire to give another fragrant offering to the Lord, or if it was just that they were reckless, and testing the boundaries.  But -- it is not our job to understand why we are to do the things that He has told us to do.

Our job is to do them.

Application:


1. Do what the Lord is telling me, and has been telling me to do.
2. Do not do what the Lord has not told us to do yet.

I need to be obedient in both my action, and my inaction.

Prayer:


Lord,
Thank you that you are PROVED HOLY.
You are a mighty God...
And I will not endeavor to understand all that you are.
I will simply listen, obey, trust, and rest.

Thank you, my Savior, for the privilege of approaching your throne.
May never take it for granted.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar